Thursday, February 14, 2013

Granny Camp - Part 4

Another part of Granny Camp is to do a Service Project(s).  Part of ours was making cookies for Austin Street Shelter.  However, when we were at church Sunday, Pierce ran over to the board that displays our military men, women and their families and encourages us to write to them.  Pierce loves the military and jets.  He found the man he wanted to write to, however, there were no addresses in the envelope.  Just then, Marcus Walters father walked down the hall and meet us and said let me get it for you.

This is what Pierce wrote:
We met your dad.  Thank you for protecting us.  I love jets.  Jesus loves you.  God always gives you the tools to open your heart.

From Pierce (6  years old)


This is what Marcus wrote to Pierce:
Dear Denton Family (especially Pierce!)
Thank you so very much for the note y'all sent. I am glad to hear you enjoyed CCPC - I grew up in that church & have many fond memories.  Thank you also for the kind words of support.  It is very nice to know one is appreciated.  As for Pierce - if you love jets, I say go for it!  I am enclosing a picture of the jet I fly in the Navy.  It is called the E-6B Mercury.  It has four engines and is over 150 feet long.  Pretty cool stuff, huh?  I hope we can meet some time to talk about planes - I still love jets!  I wish you all the best, but keep those grades up!  To be a pilot you need to take math seriously.  I hope you had a great holiday season & wish you the best in 2013.
Sincerely, Marcus Walters LT, USN

Pierce got me some beautiful flowers for his appreciation for Granny Camp!  A success for sure on our first Granny Camp and I look forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment